When America’s Next Top Model , Tyra Banks , needs to look ultra chic she calls upon our top stylist Sher Rae to give her that beautiful look that will keep her smiling for the cameras all night long!!
“I love to use Oribe Soft Lacquer Hairspray to starch the hair with a flat iron in wave like patterns” says Sher Rae. Starch you ask?? It is a sure way to maintain a great hairstyle that will out last any NYC event Sher Rae explains!
“First, I blow dry hair using Oribe Volumista Spray with a medium size round brush. After you have achieved the lift you want, go back in section-by-section with Oribe Soft Lacquer and a flat iron. Spray from about an arms distance and the heat will starch the hair in place! Once done use a Mason Pearson to brush out the heat.”
End result ….. As Tyra says, FIERCE!!!!
The Fall 2013 Bridal Collection by Angel Sanchez was beyond big & white. The designer known for his luxury ready to wear and couture one of a kind dresses, shows off the magic of a romantic yet modern girl that is ready to say ” I do”.
Our creative director, Leonard Zagami, and his team created a halo of silver on top of cascading waves, with the length that every bride dreams of. The key Zagami and Sanchez say, is to make it a fantasy, and keeping your eye on the dress and the silhouette, the rest is up to the girl that is wearing it on her special day!
How Leonard Zagami Created The Look:
• “I first applied Moroccanoil Curl Defining Mousse on damp hair, mostly on the root areas and top for subtle lift. I then combed Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream through the rest of the hair for soft, natural-looking hold and to hydrate and smooth the ends of the hair.”
• “Next, I blow dried the hair with a Moroccanoil Professional Series Hair Dryer, lifting hair with my fingers first on the top of head, then through the sides and back.”
• “Once the hair was dried, I used a 1½-inch curling iron to create soft, randomly textured waves. I wrapped hair around the iron for a few seconds (without clamping down,) long enough to create natural-looking waves with ends that were left a bit straighter. I pulled and loosened some of the waves to create free-er looking, mixed texture. I then finger combed the entire style to separate and define the hair and complete the look.”
• “To create a modern take on the tiara or jeweled hair combs, I applied silver gel in subtle patterns all around the hairline, then wrapped a 1½-inch plastic headband around the hairline, which was tied at the nape of the neck. I had created a jagged pattern on the headband to accent some of the details of the gown.”
• “To hold everything in place and control and lock in the contrasting waved textures, I sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong all over the hair. It’s a really workable hairspray and leaves the hair soft, lets it move “.
Tags: Access Hollywood, Angel Sanchez, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Palermo, AnthonyLeonard Salon, Bridal Fashion Week 2013, Couture, I DO, Leonard Zagami, Moroccanoil, Moroccanoil Curl Defining Mousse, Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, Wedding Dress
Check out our Artist of the Month Sher Rae, along with her mentor Oribe and colorist Anthony Palermo of AnthonyLeonard Salon’s latest work in the pages of the April issue of U.S. Vogue shot by Mario Sorrenti
Traveling to different cities each week and rocking out onstage almost nightly has the potential to wreak havoc on the hair, but singer, guitarist and music royalty Patti Scialfa (wife of Bruce Springsteen) keeps her locks looking healthy and vibrant with a little help from Oribe Hair Care.
“Patti uses Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful Color exclusively to keep her hair color in top form while she’s on tour with Bruce,” says her colorist, Anthony Palermo, who enhances the musician’s naturally red hair with copper and strawberry tones to make it pop onstage. “Every few visits, we add some highlights around her face to give what she calls ‘a more rock ‘n roll look.’” Palermo, color director and co-owner of Anthony Leonard Salon in Manhattan, uses a secret formula of Wella Color Charm shades to create Scialfa’s desired red color, which is bright yet natural-looking. “Bruce loves the way her hair looks while she’s performing,” Palermo says.
And what about the always well-groomed Springsteen, who famously (and hilariously) covered Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” with Jimmy Fallon back in 2010? According to Palermo, he’s using Signature Shampoo and Conditioner to keep his own mane in check.
Tags: Anthony Palermo, AnthonyLeonard Salon, Bruce Springsteen, Conditioner for Beautiful Color, Leonard Zagami, Oribe Hair Care, Patti Scialfa, Shampoo for Beautiful Color, Signature Conditioner, Signature Shampoo, Wella Color Charm, Wrecking Ball Tour
The days are longer, the weather is warmer, Spring has sprung and New York is ready to bring on the blooming season. April has always been a powerful month for fashion, beauty, and new looks. One of our top stylists, Sher Rae, has worked with supermodels, Hollywood royalty and NYC’s elite! This month Sher Rae tells us her best-kept secrets, her beauty forecast and what’s next on her agenda!!!
ALS: How long have you been a NYC hairdresser?
SR: I’ve been doing hair in New York City for 15 years.
ALS: What is signature when it comes to hair?
SR: Sexy hair with movement is my signature style.
ALS: Who are some of the A-listers that you have worked your magic on?
SR: Many … My favorites would definitely be Penelope Cruz, Sophia Vergara ,
Tyra Banks and Jennifer Lopez…All effortlessly, super sexy women.
ALS: What in your opinion is the future of the beauty industry?
SR: The beauty industry is here to stay. I predict more and more cosmetic (surgery) secrets.
ALS: What is on repeat on your iPod at the moment?
SR: A total throwback… The dog-Gone Girl is Mine :
Michael Jackson / Paul Mc Cartney
ALS: Where besides NYC would you love to live?
SR: That’s tough! I’ve been to every continent except one and I’m still in love with New York!
ALS: What is your favorite all time film?
SR: The Wiz!!!!
ALS: Who do you think is the ultimate beauty (past or present)?
SR: I have been obsessed with Iman since I was a little girl.
ALS: Who is your ultimate, most amazing fashion designer?
SR: Oscar de la Renta
ALS: What is your favorite ALS retail product?
SR: Oribe Soft Lacquer Spray is a “super starch” for the hair when used with heat and combs out into silk.
Tags: Anthony Palermo, AnthonyLeonard Salon, Jennifer Lopez, Leonard Zagami, Michael Jackson, Oribe Soft Lacquer Spray, Penelope Cruz, Sher Rae, Sir Paul McCartney, Sophia Vegara, The Dog Gone Girl Is Mine, The Wiz, Tyra Banks